Thursday, December 24, 2009

More on Luminotes

As I pointed out before Luminotes's license has been changed to Open Source. This holds for the Desktop, Thumbdrive and Online versions.

The stated reason: "Several U.S. state governments, including my own (Washington state), are in the process of enacting new sales tax laws that would require merchants to charge 'destination-based' sales tax on online services like Luminotes subscriptions and downloads." But development had been slow during the last few months already.

What I always liked about it is the explicit Index Card Metaphor. What I still dislike are, among other things, that a single note cannot be longer than 50,000 characters. It does not allow of tags either. In other words, though I like the basic idea, it's not for me.

See also LifeHacker.

No comments: