Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Scrivener for Windows Announced

Yes, Virginia, there is going to be Scrivener for Windows.

Looks interesting. I know that many people have been looking forward to this.

From the blog of the original developer: "The Windows version has actually been in (secret) development for the past two years, but it is a completely separate development effort by another developer who has now thrown his lot in with L&L. Lee Powell was a Mac user of Scrivener who approached us back in 2008 wanting to create a Windows version, and his enthusiasm for Scrivener and writing made it too good an offer to pass up." Public Beta is supposed to be out by the end of October, if I understand correctly.

No further comment![1]

1. 7:50 PM: Actually, I can't help myself. I have to make at least one comment. The developer aims at the end of October for the release of the Beta because then it will appear "just in time for NaNoWriMo." And everyone who participates "and achieves their 50,000 words (and has them validated)" will get a 50% rebate on the final price ($40.00). As if they were not already too many bad novels ... I sincerely hope all the novelistic nonsense can be turned off in the final application. See also Writer's Café.

2 comments:

welcometosherwood said...

I don't know about the Windows version, but Keith Blount, the developer of the Mac version of Scrivener has said that he will NOT add any fiction-only features because so many people use Scivener for nonfiction. I applaud this restraint, as I suspect you do too.

MK said...

Yes, I do (very much so)! Thanks for letting me know.
MK