Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Scrivener and Alphasmart

There is a topic on Alphasmart in the Scrivener Forum.

By the way, Umlaute created with the compose feature on an Alphasmart with an English keyboard, show up as gibberish when "sent" to an application on the PC (and the Mac, I would suppose). They show up correctly when the files are transferred with the Neo Manager (which also works with Windows 7 (64 bit).[1]

Scrivener for Windows is supposed to be released on the 25th of October.



1. I use ";a", ";A", etc. in AutoHotkey to produce "ä", "Ä", etc. on the PC. If I use ";a", ";A", etc. in an Alphasmart file and then send it to an application, the Umlaute also get translated properly by AutoHotkey. I prefer this solution, as it is quicker and more convenient.

5 comments:

welcometosherwood said...

Small correction (if I'm, in fact, correct): Scrivener 2.0 for Mac is scheduled for release the end of this month. The Windows version is promised for the new year.

MK said...

Sorry, I meant the beta version which is promised for the 25th.

In my defense, people on the forum talk about the 25th as the "release date."

welcometosherwood said...

There's certainly been a lot of chatter about the Windows version. Looking forward to trying it. I use a PC at the office, and I think Scrivener could be an excellent application for writing marketing copy of various kinds. I'll look for the beta. Thanks!

MK said...

O.K., I very much liked your review of OmniOutliner.

welcometosherwood said...

Thank you, Manfred. I had fun writing it.