Friday, August 3, 2012

Day One

Day One is a "simple way to journal. It's easy to quickly enter your thoughts, memories and photos to have them synced and backed up in the cloud." I have been using it since it first came out. The last update adds the ability to include photos and improves sync speed and reliability (though I have never had any problems.[1] It's available for the iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and for OS X. It's also been updated for Snow Leopard.

Right now it's reduced by 50%.

What do I use it for? Sometimes I forget to sync my ConnectedText Projects before leaving home or the office. Day One takes notes that automatically sync on all my computers, and I use it as an interim container of sorts. I could use other applications, but it works well. I also use it on the iPad, where it is one of the best-designed applications for note-taking.


1. "iCloud is the native sync solution for Mac and iOS platforms. It syncs automatically in the background which makes it faster than Dropbox. It’s also included with your Apple account and is automatically enabled if you’ve setup iCloud Documents and Data on your device. Bonus: there’s no need to create a new account."

No comments: