Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Why I Have Stopped Using Amazon Cloud Drive

The Amazon Cloud drive application creates a folder on your computer. It is very inflexible and insists that it be on the system drive. My problem is that I am using a smaller Solid State Drive (SSD) to speed up boot times and file operations. The Amazon cloud drive application started warning me today that there is not enough space on the system drive. There seems to be no way to change the location to one of the hard drives connected to the computer. This is really disappointing. I have deregistered my computer. Bummer ...

4 comments:

Mike said...

According to Amazon it can't be done. However, there is a simple registry hack I found here -

http://damianblog.com/2013/04/01/amazon-cloud-drive-location/

It works fine for me.

MK said...

That is very interesting. Thank you very much for the tip.

There wouldn't be something equivalent for OSX, would it?

J Martin Ward said...

Just tried that registry hack - works a treat! Thanks Mike! and MK for turning up in the Google search.

William Brown said...

Nice blog post. I want to shuffle my website on cloud and looking for best options. I am also looking for aws alternative. If anyone know please share.