- “a log of the enquiry itself ... to document the transformation one undergoes by doing the travel” (p. 134).
- one for “gathering information”, structured both chronological divided into categories that can be further refined.
- one that is "always kept at hand" for “ad libitum writing”, i.e. for recording ideas during research.
- one “kept to register the effect of the written account on the actors whose world has been either deployed or unified (p. 135).
1. Bruno Latour, Reassembling the Social, (Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2005), p. 122.