Friday, August 30, 2013

Parallels "Applifies” Mac and Windows Applications

Parallels now lets "customers remotely access and experience them as if they were made for iPad." This replaces the old application Parallels Mobile for the iPad which let, or rather, made you run all of Windows. It replaces an application you bought for 19.99. It is no longer available. I downloaded the new application, and it works like a charm. There are some bad reviews out there, claiming that the application is cumbersome to use. This is not true in my (admittedly short) experience.

I can now run ConnectedText in full-screen mode on the iPad. Even the macros in Textexpander seem to work. It's like a dream come true for me because that's what I always really wanted to do with the iPad: run ConnectedText full screen.

There are still some bugs. Delete and direction keys don't always work they are supposed to, but I am sure that will be ironed out.

This is how it looks. The "0" you see has to do with the bug I mentioned:



I have not yet downloaded Parallels 9, but that also seems to be a solid improvement over 8.

No comments: