Monday, September 8, 2014

Scribbleton, Again

I said I would most likely not take another look at Scribbleton, and I have not. But, as one reader of this blog reported, the ridiculous restriction of three links has been removed. There are many "reviews" of this alpha version on the net. Most of them are just summaries of the developer's description of the program.
This review is the best I have seen, though it is far from clear whether its author has actually used the application extensively. Nor is it clear whether Scribbleton allows other ways of creating a new page than that of pressing a button in the sidebar. The post says: "A left sidebar lists (clickable) the pages in the wiki and provides a button to create new pages."

No further comment!

1 comment:

Jo Schiffbauer said...

"This review is the best I have seen, though it is far from clear whether its author has actually used the application extensively."

I'm the reviewer you mention in this post. You're correct... I have not used Scribbleton extensively yet. But the idea of an application that behaves like a wiki yet resides on my computer intrigues me. So I thought it was worth sharing with my PLN in case someone else might like to play with it, too.

Apparently some improvements have been made in the two months between your review and mine. It will interesting to see how the application behaves by the time it gets to beta.