Saturday, October 24, 2015

Trimforce

The OS X 10.10.4 update has added a command line utility that can be used to enable TRIM on third-party SSDs. It's called trimforce. It can be activated through the OS X terminal. You just issue the command:
“sudo trimforce enable” (without quotes, of course)
I had a bit of a problem: because I had set no password on my home machine, the command would do nothing. You do need to set a password for it to work.

In any case, I have been using my old SSD with Thunderbolt for a few days now without problems. Who says Apple isn't listening?[1]

See also here.



1. Oh, and I fixed the Thunderbolt cable on the Thunderbolt display for around $100! (For those who remember my problems with it.) I do know that this is only loosely connected with note-taking.

No comments: