Sunday, January 3, 2016

Plain Text Journal

Here is a plain text journal. "It is intended to be used as a very simple, no-frills daily diary. It was built with two things in mind:"
  • simplicity
  • for the long term
It looks very clean, and it does what it promises. But it does not promise much. There is no search, for instance, but it does have word count.



Every day is served in a separate text file. The calendar allows you to easily browse the files.

It needs Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 or better, and it is free.

I am not sure that I would use this program as a journal or diary on a daily basis, even if I were to restrict myself to plain text. I would probably prefer a NotetabPro outline file, with a separate heading for each day. But Notetab versions that do outlines are not free.

You could do a lot worse than this program! I recommend it. If you need a simple program for keeping a plain-text journal, this one should fit the bill.

2 comments:

Qin Gao said...

I would say a paper-based notebook can do better job in this case...

MK said...

Perhaps ... But I don't think it's obvious.