- They are both very simple applications, their menus look almost the same, and they do what they do very well.
- The keyboard shortcuts seems identical.
- Scribe affords several outline styles from legal, to academic, bullets, and check boxes. I find that to be a definite plus for scribe, as I don't see how Outlinely supports this at all
- Outlinely supports a "focus mode" or hoisting, something that Scribe does not support. I find this is a plus for Outlinely.
- Outlinely supports notes. This is another plus of Outlinely.
- Scribe costs $12.99; Outlinely costs 4.99 for now (it will go up to around $10.00 after an "introductory period."
- Outlinely has more of the feeling of an editor. I know this is very subjective, but it is also a plus in my book.
I should perhaps also say that most of my outlining is actually done in ConnectedText, and that means Windows—at least for now.
1. See here and here.